I thought it would be fun to share 10 things about me that you might not know. If you are new here, you will get a glimpse into who I am and if you have been following me for a while, you can maybe learn something new. Let’s see if I surprise you!
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- I was born in Arnhem, the Netherlands and spend most of my life there. I moved to Tilburg in 2010 to finish school, and ended up moving in with my boyfriend in 2011. I do want to move to a more central placed city in the near future, but our rent is quite low and we have our own free parking space here.
- My mother was born in Indonesia, my father in the Netherlands. I have never learned to cook proper Indonesian food, and never been there. Both are on my bucketlist.
- I studied Fashion Design in Arnhem at ArtEZ. I was inspired by Dutch designers & brands that also attended the same academy. I dreamt of being a designer that worked abroad or even had it’s own label. However, that all changed when I quit school to make music.
- I used to be in a girl band when I was young. We had our own soap on Nickelodeon and a top 10 hit. When all of my friends back then were busy with school, studying and partying, I was on tour or rehearsing or recording. Some of the best moments of my life, also some of the darkest. We weren’t aloud to do much without permission, were kept on a strict diet and I ended up in a lawsuit with my old manager. Read more on my music page.
- I have epilepsy. I ended up in the emergency room in 2014, and have been in a constant battle with an this invisible illness ever since. It can be frustrating, it can get scary, but I’m still here and really started to appreciate life a lot more ever since.
- My first designer item was a denim jacket by Vivienne Westwood. I bought it with my mum on sale , when I was about 18 year old (I think) I still have it hanging in my closet and still wear it. It has gotten a bit ‘tight fitted’ over the years…I will NEVER ever sell it or give it away.
- I’ve been dying my hair ever since I was 15 years old. Red, pink, orange, green, purple, black, turquoise.I’ve had my sides shaved, had prints shaved in them and used to wear a faux mohawk on stage.
- Favorite Guilty pleasure TV : Keeping Up With The Kardashians & Teenmom. So bad, but soooooo good.
- I’m a closet gamer. Ever since I was in high school, I’ve been a little bit of a nerd…..Call of Duty, FarCry, GTA, Tombraider, Assassin’s Creed, Skyrim. Yaaaaaaaaas!
- Can’t live without: potato chips.Basically any flavor. Am a potato chips addict. Trying to cut down on junkfood at the moment, and am only allowing myself to eat some in the weekends. But it’s sooooo hard, because I just love them sooooooooo much.
Learn anything? Now it’s your turn! Tell me something I don’t know about you. I love getting to know my readers, so if you would comment below and share something about yourself, like where you’re from or what you study or what yout job is, it would seriously make my day!
Anything else you want to know? Other questions that you have? Ask them below, and I’ll answer!